Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming.....

Oh my goodness.

This weekend was crazy.

I'm pretty sure I ate enough for 3-4 horses, a couple of pigs and a goat.





What is that you ask?  That my friends, is a lobster pot pie.  Because what else should you do than put a lobster in a pot with cream and veggies, put a crust over top, cook it away, then take it out of the pot and reconstruct the lobster on the plate (the crust is underneath)

But I get ahead of myself.

This weekend I graduated!



I am officially awarded the doctor of physical therapy degree.

Needless to say I am thrilled.  Three years of hard work, but I made it through, and now I get to start my life doing something I love.

As my family was in town, there was lots of eating and fun to be had.
 
 
eatfoodyum.com

Oh my goodness the pesto here was out of this world!  I think my family and I were eating it off the spoon by the end of the night.

And of course on Saturday night we were at Bourbon Steak

 

Which is of course where I got my Lobster pot pie.

The other highlights here included the bread, which was rolls in a cast iron skillet with truffle butter (yum!) and the Chai tea at the end of the meal, which was the best tea I have ever tasted in my entire life.  So good that I'm pretty sure I'd go back and spend 7 dollars on a to-go cup of it.  

And this doesn't even include all the small meals that I also ate for lunches and other times.   

Needless to say I have been avoiding my scale all week and am terrified as to what Friday will bring.  However,  in the grand scheme of life, one week doesn't matter, and this weekend is hopefully one I will remember for the rest of my life.  



No comments:

Post a Comment