Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

365 days of blogging.

Does it ever scare you how fast time goes?  My last post was over half a year ago, but I still remember it like it was yesterday.  I look behind me and only see a blur. 

There are a lot of reputable scientists out there who study this phenomenon, they call it "time perception."  How one minute can pass in the blink of an eye while watching your favorite television show, and last half a day while you are waiting for your toaster to pop. 

Today, all around the world, and particularly in the blogosphere people are making New Year's resolutions.  I believe resolutions are mostly made to be broken, but I have what I think is a pretty good one this year.  Be more mindful.  My world is moving too fast now to keep at it the way I have been.  So I am taking a cue from a couple of people smarter than I am and starting a

365 days of blogging challenge

My Granny used to keep a small log of daily happenings so she could reflect on what was going on in her life and today I take a page from her book.  

And in the immortal words of Ferris Bueller:

“Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” 

More on this to come.  Just wanted to get this in on January 1st :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment