Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Motivation

Do any of these phrases apply to you?

"I can't lose weight because I don't have any willpower."

"It's been a hard day, I deserve getting take out dinner"

"I've already had two pieces of pie, might as well finish the whole thing off!"

And yet, everybody who has lost weight successfully will tell you of a moment, a moment where everything just clicked.  And they did it.  I've never had that moment.  The times when I've lost weight in my life have been the times I almost didn't plan on it, it happened through easy changes and interest.  Freshman year of college, where most people gain weight I lost 20 lbs because I joined the crew (rowing) team.  3 years later I lost the weight again because I got into a healthy habit, without really even thinking about it.  I also think I was at one of the most happy times in my life.  

Since then its been hard, I lose weight, I gain weight.  It's a pretty awful cycle.  

I don't want to make a resolution about weight loss.  Mainly because I've already bitten off more than I can chew and I know it.  But at the same time, I'm planning on walking into that weight watcher's meeting and starting yet again.  And I'm not sure if it will be the moment and the key, or if it will be yet another up again and down again cycle that I'm getting myself into because I'm not in the same headspace as when I was successful.  Until then I'm reading up on motivational websites, ideas and hopefully will be putting together some keys to help me get to the right place. 

I'm putting it out there.......let the universe guide me to a good answer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment