Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Intuitive eating fails

So, it turns out eating intuitively can be difficult sometimes.

Namely when I'm not on a normal eating schedule, when I'm having the opportunity to eat something I rarely get to, and when I'm in a really crummy mood.
 

On Friday my parents were coming into town, and wanted my brother and I to come up for dinner.  The problem was, by the time they got in, and all of the shenanigans had ensued, our only option for dinner was Ruby Tuesday at 9:30 at night.  Now I don't like Ruby Tuesday under the best of circumstances, and this night were definitely the worst of circumstances.  Dinner took forever to get there.  And even though I went with what I thought would be a "safe" option of a grilled chicken sandwich with bacon and avocado, it tasted gross.  But I was starving, so mostly what I ate was the little biscuits, onion rings, croutons, and zucchini.  But hey, win for eating the veggies!  Needless to say, my stomach was not pleased with me the next day. 

Saturday was also an overeating extravaganza day.  Crabcake luncheon, pad thai.  And since I was in a really bad mood, and terrified for the race on Sunday, I also over ate. 
 
someecards.com

And then I went 13.1 miles on Sunday.  So I guess I'm still pretty impressed with myself.  Nobody ever said getting through life without food as a crutch would be easy.  

Did anybody else eat some delicious food this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment