Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

A weekend in Wilmington

No sooner had I published my Friday weigh in, I was packing up and driving to Wilmington, DE for the weekend.

My dear friend Emily was stage managing an opera over the weekend and had wonderful things to say about it, so I went up to enjoy it.

On our way up we stopped at Jetties for lunch sandwiches. 


I could not make myself take a picture before I had eaten half the sandwich.  For those who don't know, this is called the Nobadeer, but everyone I've ever met just calls it the Thanksgiving sandwich.  It has turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce on sourdough bread.  It is amazing.  That is all. 

When we got to Delaware we changed and headed over to the theater. 





The opera was really good.  Grant Youngblood who played Macbeth blew me away he was so phenomenal.  Which I didn't expect at all from such a small opera company. 


Saturday was rainy and chilly all day, so when Sunday turned out to be beautiful, Emily and I went to Longwood Gardens for a couple hours. 





The gardens were spectacularly pretty, and it was a beautiful way to spend a couple of hours. 






My favorite were the lilac trees, but I didn't get a picture of them.  I just love the smell of lilacs.

One thing I definitely did over the weekend was eat too much.  Last week I ate out a lot but I worked hard to ensure that I never felt really gross afterwards. This weekend was a super fail for that.  I definitely feel sluggish today.  However, it was a lovely weekend, so onward and upward, I'll have to really listen to what my body says it needs today.  

How was everybody else's weekend? 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment