Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Sometimes I hate laundry day

Today when I woke up I told myself I was going to go for a run. 

Nothing long, nothing strenuous.  In fact, I was really only planning two miles, I could of course go more if I felt like it, but didn't need to.  I told myself just getting back out there because I haven't run since the half marathon.

It's laundry day.  All of my capris are disgusting, so I told myself, it's only a short run, wear your shorts.  You do your exercise DVD's in them and those are 30 minutes too. 

I walked Magic a mile (then he was tired)


And I turned on runkeeper and my music, and headed out. 

Now, the problem with wearing shorts while I run, that doesn't occur while I'm doing strength or circuits, is continuous friction between my thighs. 

I only wanted to go two miles, but by one mile I was readjusting my shorts every 2 seconds, and by 1 1/2 miles I was in so much pain I stopped and walked the rest of the way home. 

(I took a picture of the lovely red bumps, but then figured NOBODY wants to see that)

So, I guess I walked 1 1/2 miles this morning, and slowly jogged 1 1/2 miles this morning.  Win for 30-45 minutes of moderate good for my heart exercise.

Fail at getting back into jogging.

AlotOfExercise.png 
hyperboleandahalf.com
Oh well, first steps and all.

Anybody else hate laundry day?   

No comments:

Post a Comment